tomtom serial connection

Vittorio De Martino vittorio at de-martino.it
Tue Apr 17 18:08:15 UTC 2007

Il Thursday 12 April 2007 00:30:15 Maksim Yevmenkin ha scritto:
> On 4/11/07, Vittorio De Martino <vittorio at de-martino.it> wrote:
> > <To Maksim>:
> > Yes, I can smoothly pair the tomtom gps to my nokia cellular phone e61.
> > No pin is required. The connection via umts is required from time to time
> > by the tomtom site to pdate traffic news .
> > </To Maksim>
>
> did you try to pair your tomtom gps with your pc?

Yes, it works but no services seem to be available.
> > I tried the following but  SP doesn't seem to exist
> >
> > victor$ sudo l2ping -a tomtom
> > 44 bytes from tomtom seq_no=0 time=246.214 ms result=0
> > 44 bytes from tomtom seq_no=1 time=28.889 ms result=0
> > 44 bytes from tomtom seq_no=2 time=31.084 ms result=0
>
> ??? l2ping has nothing to do with sp, just tells you that remote side
> answers l2cap, but we already know this, because sdpcontrol returns
> stuff.
>
> > victor$ sudo sdpcontrol -a tomtom search sp
> > victor$
>
> ok, stupid question, is your tomtom a complete unit with screen and
> buttons, etc. or just a standalone bluetooth gps receiver with no user
> interface at all?
Yes of course, it's a complete device. The name is "TomTom ONE Europe v.2".
Plenty of pictures in the internet!

Look at http://opentom.org/ for some interesting info

> could you please provide model number for your tomtom device?
>
> can you force your tomtom gps into pairing mode and then try
> 'sdpcontrol -a tomtom search sp'?
As  a matter of fact there's only a procedure in the tomtom to connect to a
cellular gprs phone via BT. You do not have any other option to control the
BT device of your tomtom. Nopin is required.

Ciao
Vittorio