can't download s55 phonebook via bluetooth

Maksim Yevmenkin maksim.yevmenkin at savvis.net
Mon Sep 12 09:29:07 PDT 2005

Michael,

>>> I'm trying to download the phonebook of my Siemens s55 phone
>>> using obexapp via bluetooth unter -current.
>>
>> i'm not sure about s55 but i know it works with s65.
>>
>>> After setting up the BT-stack and having hcsecd running I do:
>>>   obexapp -a mys55 -C irmc -r /tmp -n get telecom/pb.vcf bla.txt
>>> and get:
>>> ... Response: Forbidden (0x43).
>
> Ah. "-f" did the trick.

good.

> Now the next problems:
> - My fu... s55 resets itself or switches off when doing a "get
> telecom/cal.vcs"
>   This could be related to an upgraded firmware though.

i'm sorry, you lost me here. was "get telecom/cal.vcs" working _before_
you have upgraded the firmware? or it never worked.

> - I cant seem to be able to "put pb.vcf telecom/pb.vcf" the same way as the
>   "get" before. I get:
>   ...Response: Bad Request (0x40).

again, was it working before? did you try obexapp "-f" option? can you
put individual entries into the phone book with obexapp? could you
please produce binary hcidump (use -w option) and send it to me?

> BTW: Do you have a mobile_restore.sh script too :-)

so you did get the "mobile_backup.sh" script? for whatever reason the
attachment did not make it to the list :( if you did not get it please
let me know.

and, to answer your question, no. i do not have the "mobile_restore.sh"
script :(

and just for the record. this whole obex thing with cell phones and
bluetooth is rather confusing :( i never got to see complete document
that defines how this should work. it seems that cell phone manufactures
just skipped this and moved onto syncml.

thanks,
max