Bluetooth mouse breaks on -current

Eric Anderson anderson at centtech.com
Wed Sep 7 11:59:18 PDT 2005

Ok, I wish I could provide better information, but as of the last couple
of weeks (2 weeks maybe?), I've had this weird problem with my bluetooth
mouse (which had been working flawlessly until now).  Right in the
middle of use, my mouse will die.  It will lose association (or whatever
it's called).  Actually, the mouse seems to be ok, as I've tried it on
another computer and it works just fine with no changes.  Once it dies,
I have to muck with the bthidcontrol forget, reboot, etc, so I'm not
sure what I do to fix it, but eventually it will be able to query the
mouse again and then bthidd will connect and everything will be fine.

One thing I've noticed, is that now, when doing an l2ping, I get this:
# l2ping -a mouse
44 bytes from mouse seq_no=0 time=59990.660 ms result=0x23 Resource
temporarily unavailable
44 bytes from mouse seq_no=1 time=59990.834 ms result=0x23 Resource
temporarily unavailable
44 bytes from mouse seq_no=2 time=59990.821 ms result=0x23 Resource
temporarily unavailable
44 bytes from mouse seq_no=3 time=59990.885 ms result=0x23 Resource
temporarily unavailable
44 bytes from mouse seq_no=4 time=59990.879 ms result=0x23 Resource
temporarily unavailable

When my mouse is on or off.  Also, pinging other devices, returns either
the same result, or sometimes it will return ~5000ms returns, as if it
can ping it, but it is slow - even when the device isn't powered on!

What do I need to do to help diagnose?

Eric