Bluetooth mouse

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Sun Dec 19 13:33:19 PST 2004

В пт, 17/12/2004 в 10:24 -0800, Maksim Yevmenkin пишет:
> Vladimir,

> > Also, I think, it is better to provide usual /dev/*msX interface for
> > moused ?
>
> why?

Just because all other mouses use moused as userland programs to get
bytes from driver and push them to console.

Actually moused do two things
1. "knows" how to work with different mouse hardware
2. "knows" how to adjust mouse settings (rate, buttons mappings, axis,
wheels, 3-button emulation, double-click, resolution, etc)

And 1. is clearly has nothing to do with bluetooth mouse, but as for 2.
- I do not think we want to duplicate all these staff in bthidd.

Probably I was not right when talk about one more netgraph module, and
better way is to add opened bt socket support to moused and then spawn
moused from bthidd when new mouse connected.

What you think about this idea ?

> > It looks like I need to write ng node which will connect to l2cap node
> > one side and create /dev/btmsX on another side ?
>
> well, actually its much simpler :) most of the work already was done.
> take a look at /usr/src/usr.sbin/bluetooth/{bthidcontrol,bthidd}. these
> are not yet connected to the build, but you should be able to compile
> and run them.

Yes, good surprise !

> bthidcontrol(8) is a utility that can query bluetooth hid devices and
> create configuration for bthidd(8).
>
> % nroff -man bthidcontrol.8 | less -- for more information
>
> bthidd(8) is a bluetooth hid daemon (incomplete but mouse should work).
> it will read configuration created by bthidcontrol(8) and talk to
> bluetooth hid devices.

Unfortunately it does not work for me (I have write details in separate
message). So I need first get it work.

> whats needs to be done:
>
> 1) finish and test bthidd(8) and vkbd(4) integration (bluetooth keyboard
> support). i've done most of it, but was never able to finish and test it :(

Unfortunately still have not bluetooth keyboard.

> 2) better handling of bluetooth mouse events, i.e. detect double clicks
> etc. and send appropriate ioctl(2) to /dev/console. double clicks etc.
> will work in X, but not in the text mode.

Yes, it is what I talk before, all these stuff is already exists in
moused.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenchikov
vova at fbsd.ru