The fate of ngatm

Brooks Davis brooks at freebsd.org
Thu Apr 27 18:06:07 UTC 2017

As previous threatened, I've removed support for NATM (as well as a
remarkable number of remnants of the old ATM framework).  One piece
that still remains is the ngatm framework in netgraph.  This includes
the ng_ccatm(4), ng_sscfu(4), ng_sscop(4), and ng_uni(4) nodes.

These don't attach to physical interfaces and didn't depend on the NATM
interface code so I left them alone in the first cut.  My question
is, are they useful without physical interfaces?  If so, keeping them
doesn't appear to have a high support burden.  If not, we should remove
them.

-- Brooks