Rock64 flaky ethernet?

Adriaan de Groot adridg at freebsd.org
Sat May 8 19:28:51 UTC 2021

On Saturday, 8 May 2021 20:09:03 CEST Daniel Engberg wrote:
> Regarding our Rock64 board this looks relevant,
> https://forum.pine64.org/showthread.php?tid=7545

Yes. (Re-)soldering SMD components is not my idea of fun, though (heck, I need
to take off my glasses even to read the silkscreen on the board). I tried some
of the timing hacks and so from the earlier threads, but nothing seems to
help. I'll file that board away as "fun with Linux" (which means "return to
the box of dusty stuff I mean to do something cool with some day").

> As for your H6 board I guess you mean H64?
> https://www.freshports.org/sysutils/u-boot-pine-h64/
> https://linux-sunxi.org/PineH64

Yep!

> Just overwrite u-boot from that port to the
> FreeBSD-13.0-RELEASE-arm64-aarch64-PINE64-LTS.img.xz image (extracted)
> and with a bit of luck you should be able to get it booting.

You just helped me close 21 browser tabs worth of wikis and searches, thank
you.

FreeBSD 13.0-RELEASE #0 releng/13.0-n244733-ea31abc261f: Fri Apr  9 06:07:07
UTC 2021
    root at releng1.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/usr/src/arm64.aarch64/sys/GENERIC
arm64
FreeBSD clang version 11.0.1 (git at github.com:llvm/llvm-project.git
llvmorg-11.0.1-0-g43ff75f2c3fe)
VT: init without driver.
module firmware already present!
real memory  = 3221024768 (3071 MB)
avail memory = 3119251456 (2974 MB)

This was amazingly painless. I'll do a bit of a write-up and add it to the
wiki.

[ade]