I2C/IIC working on RPI4 8GB?

Mark Murray markm at FreeBSD.org
Sat May 1 12:53:52 UTC 2021

> On 1 May 2021, at 13:34, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:
>
> This shouldn't be needed at all.
> If we need to rely on the firmware to make basic pinctrl stuff working
> it just means that the pinctrl driver isn't complete for RPI4.

Good point, but for now it a) proves that the BSC works on RPI4 8GB, and b) allows to to stop Yak-Shaving for now and get back to my I2C project :-).

(My next (lower priority) problem is to break the UART away from the console such that the console is only the inbuilt video + usb KB and mouse, and the UART is an ordinary /dev/tty* and /dev/cu* device set).

Mark R V Murray