rpi4 network boot

Klaus Küchemann maciphone2 at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 7 16:02:31 UTC 2021

> Am 07.02.2021 um 16:39 schrieb Mike Karels <mike at karels.net>:
>
> fwiw, the fdt indicates that the genet has two interrupts, but I have no
> idea what the second one is for.  This is the first time I've heard of it
> happening.  The interrupt routine for the second interrupt just prints
> this message and returns, so we'd know that it was happening at least.
>
> 		Mike
yes, I have now tested the exact or similar same boot-environment as Matthew:
Having u-boot as the payload sitting on the pxe-server instead of SD-card,
As a complete diskless boot by configuring the eeprom as pxe-bootable.
It’s an issue in old friend bcm2711-rpi-4-b.dtb :
using newer versions of it fail to boot(stopping at net0: cannot set rx. filters (status=3)
/)
 while older versions ends up in the
Interrupt-loop(genet0: gen_intr2).

I could successfully netboot from SD-card some weeks ago, so this seems not necessarily
an issue with your driver. It only loops when u-boot is placed on the pxe-server.
IIRC any netboot seemed to depend on the right combination of firmware/msdos-partition
and the corresponding fbsd-version .

Regards
K.