rpi4 network boot

Klaus Küchemann maciphone2 at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 7 02:32:58 UTC 2021

> Am 06.02.2021 um 21:27 schrieb Matthew Grooms <mgrooms at shrew.net>:
>
>  I need to netboot without the help of local storage or human intervention.

this would be possible by flashing&configuring  the eeprom to pxe-boot- capability (which isn’t the default afaik) .

> Am 07.02.2021 um 02:41 schrieb Matthew Grooms <mgrooms at shrew.net>:
>

> /etc/exports:
> /var/rpi4/netboot -ro -alldirs -maproot=root

why '-ro‘ ??

> Am 07.02.2021 um 02:41 schrieb Matthew Grooms <mgrooms at shrew.net>:
> /usr/local/etc/dhcpd.conf….. option root-path „X.X.X.25:/var/rpi4/netboot/freebsd“ ;……

while it seems to boot in your case "/var/rpi4/netboot/freebsd/“ is not the same as the above "/var/rpi4/netboot“
> Am 05.01.2021 um 01:18 schrieb Matthew Grooms <mgrooms at shrew.net>:
>>

>> root at rpi4:/var/rpi4/netboot/firmware-master # ls -la

and why did you split the folders under ../netboot/..?

> Am 07.02.2021 um 02:41 schrieb Matthew Grooms <mgrooms at shrew.net>:
> ……
> .
> starting USB…
> No working controllers found
> Hit any key to stop autoboot:  2  1  0
> Card did not respond to voltage select!
> starting USB...
> No working controllers found
> USB is stopped. Please issue 'usb start' first.
> starting USB...
> No working controllers found

Would far be better if you had access to your keyboard from the 1st moment of boot(it`s possible!!)
hint : https://sourceforge.net/projects/d26853-bcm2711-rpi-4-b-dtb/
 I don`t want to discuss this no more here :-) Ha Ha ..

What’s  your output of :

root at matthew:~# sockstat -l4

and

root at matthew:~#  cat /etc/fstab