rpi4 network boot

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sat Feb 6 20:27:19 UTC 2021

On 1/6/2021 9:43 PM, Klaus Küchemann wrote:
> At the moment I can say that there is NO problem with the genet-driver related to netboot :
>
> see my successful netboot incl. fully working genet :
>
> https://dmesgd.nycbug.org/index.cgi?do=view&id=5864
>
> Also it doesn’t seem to be a firmware problem .
> It’s more a  configuration-thing.
> So: I also experienced the hang on genet between my first netboot-trials ,
> But after changing some configurations that problem went away.
>
> Since this was a quite complex and fiddly setup on both server and uSD-client
> I don’t remember at the moment which conf-setting exactly it was that solved it :-)
>
> for further help we would need your configs: fstab, ifconfig and so on...

Hi Klaus,

Sorry for the late reply. Does your example qualify as a network boot?
 From your console output, it looks like you loaded bootaa64.efi from
mmc and there was human interaction with the efi boot console at least
once. I need to netboot without the help of local storage or human
intervention.

I'll gather more info from my setup and post back to this thread.

Thanks,

-Matthew