gic-v2 and SGI interrupts on boot CPU

Vincent Milum Jr freebsd-arm at darkain.com
Wed Apr 21 03:00:03 UTC 2021

This may actually be related to the Parallels issue. We had a similar issue
with ESXi ARM Fling initially where it would only work on 1 vCPU but not
more, and it was related to the GIC code. This very much is worth
investigating for getting FreeBSD functional under Parallels!

Oh, and yes, I've bothered Parallels a lot... I unofficially got a reply
essentially stating that the bug "isn't a priority" (they primarily care
about Windows VMs and seems to only marginally care about Linux, with
FreeBSD and other OSes not even remotely in their sights)