AWS Graviton1 Graviton2

Michael Sierchio kudzu at tenebras.com
Sat Sep 26 00:55:38 UTC 2020

I'm using an instance based on the marketplace AMI: ami-01d2b8af277052bcc.4
and trying
to come up with a partition scheme on a new disk that works.  No joy so far.

Must I use MBR as the scheme?
Is EFI boot the only way?

Use case: I need separate partitions for /tmp and /var/tmp in the
environment I am in –
noexec,nosuid are a hard requirement for dirs that are drwxrwxrwt

Apologies for the naive questions.  Thanks in advance.

– M

--

"Well," Brahmā said, "even after ten thousand explanations, a fool is no
wiser, but an intelligent person requires only two thousand five hundred."

- The Mahābhārata