Comment #135 for bugzilla 237666 : a USB3-handling problem with a investigatory fix for a cortex-a72 context

Klaus Cucinauomo maciphone2 at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 20 21:04:41 UTC 2020

> Am 20.09.2020 um 22:33 schrieb Mark Millard <marklmi at yahoo.com>:
>

> "OpenBSD can deal with the 3GB limit.  In fact it imposes a 1GB DMA limit because there are additional DMA restrictions for the SD controller." ( Mark Kettenis Aug 24, 2020; 4:29am Re: Discuss UEFI settingsin arm64.html/INSTALL.arm64 )

—— Mark Kettenis Thu, 16 Apr 2020 14:06:19 -0700 :---
Still thinking about the best approach to deal with this.  There is a
1GB limit as well for the "GPU" devices such as the USB 2.0 and SDHC
controllers.  So it's either setting the DMA constraint to 3GB and
adding a bounce buffer implementation, or setting the DMA constraint
to 1GB.
—---

Well, Mark(Millard:-) ,

there seems to be a magician in the background and I don’t know why
but that guy is always exactly following „my“  „instructions" :-)  Ha Ha, lol awesome :
.. here we go: ------
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26493
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26494
https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26495