MMCCAM - Re: onboard wireless on rpi4

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Mon Sep 7 15:21:18 UTC 2020

On Mon, Sep 07, 2020 at 03:14:28PM +0200, Ronald Klop wrote:

> I've MMCCAM running since 12.1-BETA1 on rpi3B+. No problems so far.
> Apparently I'm to only one :-) https://dmesgd.nycbug.org/index.cgi?do=index&fts=mmccam

I just gave it a spin on a Pi3B (not +) and was rewarded with a
panic. The machine boots from a USB mechanical disk. Sources are
at 365355. Here's the console output:

http://www.zefox.net/~fbsd/rpi3/GENERIC-MMCCAM/console

I'll give the corresponding vanilla GENERIC kernel a try shortly, but 364900
boots without trouble. If there are other things to try I'm game, if testing
on a Pi3 without wifi is pointless please warn me off. I figured it should,
at the very least, not panic.

HTH,

bob prohaska