RPi4B: modern firmware vs. Device tree loaded to 0x4000 (size 0xbe0c) [fails] vs. to 0x1f0000 (size 0xbd90) [works]?

Robert Crowston crowston at protonmail.com
Sun Oct 11 09:14:13 UTC 2020

We have a patched version of armstub8-gic. We use it to install some code in a highly privileged context that we later call from supervisor mode to start the secondary CPUs. Linux uses a different approach to spin up the other CPUs.

I haven’t followed this thread in huge detail, but it seems like the raspberry pi people changed everything again?