bcm2711-rpi-4-b.dts

Klaus Cucinauomo maciphone2 at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 18 16:30:31 UTC 2020

Hi Robert,

in our German language you asked me in a very friendly and funny private email which
bcm2711-rpi-4-b.dts file has to be compiled.
Here is one which you can try and which works :

https://reviews.freebsd.org/D26853
(D26853 :'Bus xhci_pci: probe failed, error -110' will never bring you near to heart attack again, :-) Ha Ha
you’ll need u-boot 2020.10 and you’ll overwrite the files which have the number 4 in it’s filenames.

Because you also asked for  Wiki-entry- details :
It seems many do not know this: The FreeBSD wiki consists mainly of inside information for/from developers, which is often hard to understand for the end user but (hopefully) glass clear to understand for insiders .
FreeBSD 13/rpi4 is in development and is not yet released, so the Wiki-team cannot guarantee fully working environments based on patches for upcoming releases which are linked in the Wiki .

Nevertheless, I'm very happy that the Wiki is so useful for you ! ;-)

Best Regards

Klaus