Problem with checksum offloading on RPi3 (PF + Jails involved)

YongHyeon PYUN pyunyh at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 04:49:02 UTC 2020

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 05:38:38AM +0100, Carsten Bäcker wrote:

[...]

> i attached another set of log-files containing the output of the test
> using nping.
> The ICMP port unreachable message appeared in each case, but the paket
> loss changed to 100%.

That came from 3rd nping test with --badsum option and that's normal.
If I read attached log-files correctly all worked as expected.
I don't know what pf rulesets you used. Did you use the same pf
ruleset + jail with patched smsc(4)?  If you didn't yet could you
test it again and let me know nping output?