latest method for freebsd on raspberry pi 4 (8GB)

tech-lists tech-lists at zyxst.net
Wed Nov 11 17:43:21 UTC 2020

Hi,

What's the latest method for making freebsd work (see all 8GB) on the rpi4?
I've tried to follow what's on https://wiki.freebsd.org/arm/Raspberry%20Pi but
am finding the updated rpi4 section very confusing.

Is -current required? Or will 12.2 work, too? Exactly which files need to
be replaced? I'm trying to use FreeBSD-12.2-RELEASE-arm64-aarch64-RPI3.img of
23rd October.

As far as I'm aware, I'm using the latest eeprom firmware provided by raspios
rpi-eeprom update. Last update was today.

I'm not too bothered if it boots to the usb3 or not, though it would be nice.

thanks,
--
J.