USB [USB3 and USB2] problems when using UEFi v1.16 to boot RPi4: Still produces inaccurate file copies

Klaus Küchemann maciphone2 at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 25 22:28:36 UTC 2020

> Am 25.06.2020 um 21:29 schrieb Mark Millard via freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm at freebsd.org>:
>> ..
>
> I'll note that the head -r360311 based environment has
> the patches from the below applied:
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D25201
> (Use EFI memory map to determine attributes for AcpiOsMapMemory mappings on arm64)
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D25219
> (ACPI: add support for (inherited) _DMA limits)
>
> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D25203
> (Add dwc_otg_acpi)

Yes, these are the ACPi-patches

> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D25251
> (Add support for bcm54213PE in brgphy)

this targets the genet-driver for DeviceTree-mode

> The following patches were not applied:
>
> QUOTE
> A fix for the XHCI firmware loading is here: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D25261(It requires working PCI-E, which is in progress, here: https://reviews.freebsd.org/D25068)
> END QUOTE

this is also DeviceTree(fdt)(not ACPI) … see :
sys/conf/files.arm64 :
arm/broadcom/bcm2835/bcm2838_xhci.c       optional soc_brcm_bcm2838 fdt pci xhci

> https://reviews.freebsd.org/D25121
> (Clean up the pci host generic driver)
>
> (It looks like that last changed some acpi code
> and I should probably apply it and try again.
> Also: it is checked-in as -r362285 but I'm not
> ready for a general update.)

yes, has ACPI-Code , I had applied it but that didn’t change something in
my controller-reset behavior...