Unrelenting testplan D25219

Klaus Küchemann maciphone2 at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 11 14:25:34 UTC 2020

You never rest, cool :-) Ha Ha …

> Am 11.06.2020 um 16:05 schrieb greg at unrelenting.technology:
>
> June 11, 2020 4:59 PM, "Klaus Küchemann" <maciphone2 at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> loader.efi-thing maybe fixed in rS362008.. hope so..
>
> hm, yeah, a NULL pointer dereference would indeed hang the whole loader.
>
>> but I allow myself one to ask you one last piece of information before I start a complete
>> kernel/world rebuild:
>
> Why bother with a world rebuild to test kernel stuff, you can just use a custom kernel
> with a prebuilt world from a memstick or something :D

If you knew how many  uSDs from NO_CLEAN=yes laying around here :-) Ha Ha
Sometimes I feel better better a clean rebuild when bugs of unknown trigger occur...

>> which pieeprom did you flash ?
>
> Which WHAT? The Pi 4 has a flashable EEPROM type thing on it?!?!

Yeah, there is a flashable eeprom, I flashed the new beta (USB-boot) on the 8GB,
I`ve uploaded it t here: https://sourceforge.net/projects/rpi4-8gbram-betafirmw-03062020/
(should apply to both 4GB/8GB, afair, but sure on 8GB)
Just erase uSD to FAT32 with
https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/raspberry-pi-imager-imaging-utility/
.. unzip pieprom.zip to uSD, boot (green screen on HDMI, success on UART and bli king green light blinking o. pcb
Indicates fw-upgrade.success…

> I didn't flash anything, everything is stock.
Do you know WHICH stock?( they are different on different models)
(If booting without inserted uSD it should show the eprom-version,
 But that depends on flashed eprom-version, afair)

> I've held onto my assumption from previous Pis that there is no modifiable state
> on the board, only an untouchable boot ROM on the chip that directly reads the next thing
> from the SD card or other places, haha.
>
>> O.K. for you when I publish infos on the Wiki or do you want to do that yourself?
>
> No, I don't have a wiki account, feel free to post whatever you want there.

Great! Than you very much !