Driver for Raspberry Pi 4 PCI-express controller

Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 01:12:06 UTC 2020

On 2020-Jun-9, at 17:07, Klaus Küchemann via freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm at freebsd.org> wrote:

>> Am 10.06.2020 um 01:57 schrieb Klaus Küchemann <maciphone2 at googlemail.com>:
>>

>>> Am 10.06.2020 um 01:34 schrieb greg at unrelenting.technology:
>>>
>>> ….
>>> Only NetBSD does the required thing right now.
>>>>>
>> no, they also panic after disabling the 3 gig limit :
>> https://www.klos.com/~john/rpi4_3gig_8gig_dmesg
>>
>> but since you really hit the ground running unrelenting today :-) , you can send your next bugfix also  to NetBSD
>> Maybe it has to do with the V1.14, so perhaps, after we tested all your patches
>> On both 4&8Gig we talk to @AndreWarkentin again perhaps
>
> ah, forgot link to boot failure in NetBSD :
> https://www.klos.com/~john/rpi_boot_failure.jpg

I had no trouble for the NetBSD -current environment after updating
from v1.13 to v1.14 of the UEFI materials on the 4 GiByte RPi4 that
I have access to.

# uname -ap
NetBSD NBSDRPi4 9.99.64 NetBSD 9.99.64 (GENERIC64) #1: Sun May 31 01:41:16 UTC 2020  root at NBSDRPi4:/usr/obj/sys/arch/evbarm/compile/GENERIC64 evbarm aarch64

# vmstat
 procs    memory      page                       disks   faults      cpu
 r b      avm    fre  flt  re  pi   po   fr   sr l0 s0   in   sy  cs us sy id
 0 0    93248 3695708  34   0   0    0    0    0  1  1  418   58  22  0  0 100

(So not limited to 3 GiBytes.)

I selected the serial console alternative instead of graphical.
(Mostly not used from where the RPi4 is.) But, if I remember
right, I have seen hangups with graphical at times when I'd
forgotten to set this up.

The root file system is a on USB3 SSD, not on the microsd card
that has the UEFI v1.14 material.

===
Mark Millard
marklmi at yahoo.com