Showstoppers for RPI3

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Tue Feb 25 17:54:37 UTC 2020

There seem to be a handful of problems for -current on the RPI3 at
the moment. Those I've noticed include not getting multicore operation,
cpu_reset failing and OOMA kills with vm.pfault_oom_attempts="-1" set
in /boot/loader.conf.

Traffic on this list indicates widespread awareness but there isn't
much in bugs.freebsd.org apart from my own report on cpu_rest failed,
which I now gather is related to the SMP failure.

What's a good way to figure out when it's safe(ish) to stick a toe
back in -current? Are there any relevant bug reports to watch?

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska