u-boot-rpi* has the existing "make first page reserved" code (shown); this appears to be where any fix would go (it works without FreeBSD changes)

Klaus Küchemann maciphone2 at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 14 11:16:56 UTC 2020

> Am 14.02.2020 um 11:10 schrieb Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com>:
>
> On Fri, 14 Feb 2020 10:54:40 +0100
>
> I have hold off the upgrade to 2020.01 as rockchip u-boot needs a
> newer ATF and they didn't made a new release yet. My plan is to wait
> until 2020.04 is release and if at that time there is still no new ATF
> release just update the ports to use the latest git version.

Hi Manu,

 thanks for information about the way you plan  ,
I am aware of some Rockchip-issues with 2020.01 ,
perhaps you like to view:
https://marc.info/?l=openbsd-arm&m=158084535922294&w=2
Perhaps Kurt`s approach would help out in your  fbsd-u-boot-port.

> Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com>:
>
> Mhm no, I will not send patch upstream for someone else, I will also
> not include patch in the freebsd ports tree that haven't been submitted
> upstream.

Of course not … that’s what I wanted to say in other words to Mark,
O.K., we both don’t speak real native English so perhaps mismatch here;-)

> --
> Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com>

Regards

Klaus