Unload Re: RPI4 Install r357606 test 09.02.2020 failed

Klaus Küchemann maciphone2 at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 11 00:35:48 UTC 2020

> Am 11.02.2020 um 01:21 schrieb bob prohaska <fbsd at www.zefox.net>:
>

> OK boot kernel.spare
> can't boot 'kernel.spare', kernel module already loaded
> OK unload
> OK boot kernel.spare
> can't find 'kernel.spare'
> OK load kernel.spare
> can't find 'kernel.spare'
> OK load /boot/kernel.spare
> don't know how to load module '/boot/kernel.spare'
>
> Formerly kernel.spare loaded and ran on this machine.
> Also, I don't remember the need for the unload command.
> Is it likely that loader is somehow corrupted? The invalid
> pmap panic that took the machine down happened near the end
> of installworld.
>
> Thanks for reading, and all your help!
>
> bob prohaska

Hi Bob,

thanks for reading the Wiki-hints,
please read carefully again, thank you.
If returns :  'don't know how to load module‘  or 'can't find’ that means that
the PATH you typed in was wrong.
The default path is: /boot/kernel/kernel
which means that the targeted kernel is in folder /boot/kernel .
You need to type the exact path .
Browse from ÒK ls`as if you were on a normal shell,
 e.g. # ls /boot
and please tell us if you succeed or other issues occur .
‚unload' is not compellingly neccessary in all cases but helped me often after critical KPs.
You can also try(without unload/load): 'OK boot  /boot/yourkernel/kernel‘
So for kernel.spare it’s probably :
'OK boot /boot/kernel.spare/kernel'

Regards
Klaus