RPI4 Install r357606 test 09.02.2020 failed

Bakul Shah bakul at bitblocks.com
Sun Feb 9 22:20:26 UTC 2020

On Feb 9, 2020, at 12:26 PM, Mike Karels <mike at karels.net> wrote:

>> On Sun, Feb 9, 2020, 1:10 PM <ag at x86.ch> wrote:
>
>>> ok I understand  not all opensource  as always claimed  Too bad
>>>

>> The Raspberry Pi isn't really a totally open design.
>
>> Warner
>
> Indeed.  In this case, the GPL Linux driver is available as a substitute
> for documentation, but it isn't the clearest description of the (5 versions)
> of the Ethernet section.

Perhaps the plan9 drivers would help? They are considerably
simpler and I suspect you mainly want h/w parameters. 9pi (arm)
& 9front (arm64) have ethernet, wifi & xhci working.

Re: documentation. I asked on their forum about their long
promised documentation and was told it is hung up due to some
sort of personal issue. The RPF engineers hang out on their
forum and they do help provided one asks specific questions.

I will be happy to help once I re-bootstrap into freebsd kernel
hacking. First I need to figure out why it boots partially and
then hangs with repeated controller timeout messages:

Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec
Obsolete code will be removed soon: random(9) is the obsolete Park-Miller LCG f8
usb_needs_explore_all: no devclass
mmcsd0: 16GB <SDHC SU16G 8.0 SN 0054AA0F MFG 01/2015 by 3 SD> at mmc0 50.0MHz/4k
sdhci_bcm1-slot0: Got command interrupt 0x00030000, but there is no active comm.
sdhci_bcm1-slot0: ============== REGISTER DUMP ==============
dhci_bcm1-slot0: Sys addr: 0x00000000 | Version:  0x00009902

I built -current locally a couple days back and it has the same
issue.