RockPro64 with latest image fails to boot?

Emmanuel Vadot manu at bidouilliste.com
Thu Aug 6 15:27:53 UTC 2020

On Thu, 6 Aug 2020 17:19:41 +0200
Søren Schmidt <soren.schmidt at gmail.com> wrote:

> > On 6 Aug 2020, at 13.51, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:
> >>

> >> However, it also fails with my previously good -current release, so that points pretty squarely at u-boot 2020.07. I?ll try to go back to 2020.04 (plus patches to find 4G etc).
> >
> > What patches are you talking about ?
>
> With the stock 2020.04 from ports I had to apply this patch manually to get u-boot to find all 4G?s of memory:

 That shouldn't be needed, I know I don't need it (same with others
that have the boards and tested the latest image).
 So it's clear that your problem is DRAM related (which can explain the
random freeeze or panic), but that doesn't really explain why you don't
have problems with NetBSD, which version of u-boot are they using ?

 P.S.: That would have been good to start your recent mails by saying
that you needed a patch for u-boot ...

--
Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com>