odroidc1 build kernel fails

Andreas Tobler andreast-list at fgznet.ch
Tue Mar 5 21:45:52 UTC 2019

On 05.03.19 21:24, peter garshtja wrote:
> Still no luck, changed the arch type to arm7, also I reverted the
> meson8b.dtsi and meson.dtsi to revision 324819. Source tree is at
> 343792.

Ok, actually it is enough to revert meson.dtsi to r324819.
I rebuilt here, r344780 and it completed.

Now I rebuild the whole tree again, will take some time.

make -j8 buildworld buildkernel KERNCONF=ODROIDC1 TARGET=arm
TARGET_ARCH=armv7

> Output of failed build
>
> fdt_dtb_file ---                                   sh -c 'MACHINE=arm
>  /usr/src/sys/tools/fdt/make_dtb.sh /usr/src/sys odroidc1.dts
> /usr/obj/usr/src/arm.armv7/sys/ODROIDC1'
>  awk -f /usr/src/sys/tools/usbdevs2h.awk /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/usbdevs
> -d --- fdt_dtb_file ---                                   Error at
> <standard input>:6:11: Unable to locate input file
>  /include/ "meson.dtsi" ^ Unable to merge node: L2
> Unable to merge node: uart_AO                          Unable to
> merge node: uart_A Unable to merge node: uart_B
>  Unable to merge node: uart_C                           Unable to
> merge node: i2c_A                            Unable to merge node:
> i2c_B                            Failed to find node with label: gic
>  Failed to parse tree. *** [fdt_dtb_file] Error code 1
>  make[2]: stopped in /usr/obj/usr/src/arm.armv7/sys/ODROIDC1
>  1 error make[2]: stopped in /usr/obj/usr/src/arm.armv7/sys/ODROIDC1
>  *** [buildkernel] Error code 2 make[1]: stopped in /usr/src
> 1 error
>
> make[1]: stopped in /usr/src                           ***
> [buildkernel] Error code 2
>  make: stopped in /usr/src 1 error
>
> Sorry, the console output is taken from the cell phone.

The output shows that it is a different error than the previous one.
Maybe you can try again with "-DNO_CLEAN -j1", or ommit the -j option to
make. Or if you have time, rebuild everything again.

-jn often confuses the output, the real error is hidden or eaten up....

Andreas