Pine64-LTS and UART ports

Sergey Manucharian sm at ara-ler.com
Mon Jun 24 20:42:41 UTC 2019

Excerpts from Kaya Saman's message from Mon 24-Jun-19 21:22:
> I tried the dtc method - using this example from the man page:
>
> dtc -@ -O dtb -I dts -o device_overlay.dtbo device_overlay.dts
>
> Actual command used: dtc -@ -O dtb -I dts -o sun50i-a64-uart2.dtbo
> sun50i-a64-uart2.dtso
>

> then copied the resulting dtbo file into the /boot/dtb/overlays
> directory, and added the entry into  /boot/loader.conf then rebooted.
> The result was nothing happened :-( no uart2 in the dmesg log at all and
> no extra ttyu(x) either
>
> I've just also attempted: /usr/src/sys/tools/fdt/make_dtbo.sh
> /usr/src/sys /usr/src/sys/dts/arm64/overlays/sun50i-a64-uart2.dtso /tmp
>

> then copied the .dtbo file into /boot/dtb/overlays and rebooted. Again
> nothing??

I used to have similar issues with overlays, and ended up with editing the
main DTS file, in your case it will be (I believe)  sun50i-a64-pine64.dts

Just replace "disabled" with "okay" in this section:

/* On Pi-2 connector */
&uart2 {
    pinctrl-names = "default";
    pinctrl-0 = <&uart2_pins>;
    status = "disabled";
};

compile and copy the DTB over the original one.

--
Ϟϻ