Pine64 native system rebuild success

Milan Obuch freebsd-arm at dino.sk
Sat Jun 15 10:53:52 UTC 2019

Hi,

after playing a little with 13-CURRENT system installed from image I
tried native system building. As I did not want to have all source
and object files on SD, I used nfs mount for both /usr/src and /usr/obj
directory. This worked with no trouble.

For buildworld to succeed, 1 GB RAM of my Pine64+ is not enough, so a
swap needs to be used. I tried with swapfile located on nfs, but failed
- no info on console, just hard lock, maybe some deadlock or somesuch,
but after I put swap on USB flash attached locally, I was able to build
whole world and kernel.

After both world and kernel is built, there was a small trouble
installing world. I was not able to install /usr/bin/clang file with
strip error - filesystem full. I found problem is /tmp filesystem
beeing too small, after using 96 MB RAM for it everything went just
fine through.

So now I am using r348999 built 13-CURRENT on my Pine64+ for some
further checks and experiments... I'll report here what I did and what
I found.

Regards,
Milan