Booting FreeBSD on Rock64

greg at unrelenting.technology greg at unrelenting.technology
Sun Jul 28 14:39:37 UTC 2019

July 28, 2019 5:33 PM, "Denis Polygalov" <dpolyg at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can somebody please explain what is exact
> command to switch FreeBSD's serial console
> speed to the 1.5Mbps as required by ROCK64 board?
> How can I be sure that FreeBSD kernel when loaded
> will continue to use 1.5Mbps speed or this is not supported
> and I have to switch u-boot to something standard (115200)
> somehow? If so - how?

My boot script is:

env set serverip 192.168.1.2
env set baudrate 15000000
env set bootargs boot.nfsroot.server=${serverip} boot.nfsroot.path=/…/ROCK64FBSD12 comconsole_speed=${baudrate}
tftpboot ${kernel_addr_r} loader.efi
tftpboot ${fdt_addr_r} dtb/rockchip/rk3328-rock64.dtb
bootefi ${kernel_addr_r} ${fdt_addr_r}

I'm not sure how much of this is necessary, but try the comconsole_speed argument if your kernel doesn't get the right speed.