Booting FreeBSD on Rock64

Mark Millard marklmi at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 19 09:20:14 UTC 2019

On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 21:51:43 +0900
Denis Polygalov <dpolyg at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 16/07/2019 3:01 am, Emmanuel Vadot wrote:
>>   . . .
>
>>  I've just booted mine after updating to r350003+c99cb2e79ed6
>> without a problem.
>>

> Well, I don't see image of this release on the FreeBSD.org server.

I do not know if you have ever established a bootable context
from a set of the .txz files but there is the likes of:

https://artifact.ci.freebsd.org/snapshot/head/r350003/arm64/aarch64/ <https://artifact.ci.freebsd.org/snapshot/head/r350003/arm64/aarch64/>

(for whatever r*/ that happens to have arm64/aarch64/ present). It
has the compressed tar archives:

kernel.txz and base.txz
kernel-dbg.txz and base-dbg.txz
tests.txz

along with:

MANIFEST
revision.txt

(Sometimes the resulting uname -apKU will report a svn revsion r??????
that was just after the latest from the branch in use at the time of the build:
from another branch. The revision.txt content and the r*/ part of the path
should be correct.)

(I do not claim that these notes cover the "+c99cb2e79ed6" part of the
reference.)

The content is for a debug build, witness and more in use.

> . . .
>
>> . . .

===
Mark Millard