Rasclock (PCF2127 ) Hardware Clock FreeBSD 12.0

Stefan Parvu sparvu at kronometrix.org
Thu Jul 18 16:38:29 UTC 2019

It seems the battery is a real pain in this model. I cant figure out any vendor.
Tried already 3 models. All do not keep the time.

root at k1:~ # dmesg | grep nxp
nxprtc0: <NXP PCF2129 RTC> at addr 0xa2 on iicbus0
nxprtc0: WARNING: RTC battery failed; time is invalid
nxprtc0: registered as a time-of-day clock, resolution 0.015625s
nxprtc0: RTC clock not running

It seems the battery must be 36mAh. But even so some new model I got
does not work. Damn.

Stefan Parvu
sparvu at kronometrix.org