FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE and 11.2-RELEASE images fail to boot on BeagleBone Black

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Tue Jul 16 00:48:40 UTC 2019

On Tue, Jul 16, 2019 at 03:31:06AM +0300, Greg V wrote:
> I would expect generic ACPI "SBSA-ish" aarch64 to be promoted to
> tier-1 before any of the embedded stuff..

We have kind of waved our hands about "arm" in this discussion.

aarch64 in FreeBSD is far more mature:

 - there are less variations to troubleshoot

 - building ports natively is much easier

 - in general, FreeBSD ports work better on 64 than 32-bit

Cc:ing emaste@, who has been advocating Tier-2 for arm for a while.
(I probably should have brought him into this discussion several
days ago.)

mcl