FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE and 11.2-RELEASE images fail to boot on BeagleBone Black

Denis Polygalov dpolyg at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 00:52:58 UTC 2019

Oh, I see. Now it makes a lot more sense for me.
Thanks for clarification. I came from Tier 1 supported
amd64 which I use in production for decade and I'm quite
sure many other people in the same situation will also be
confused. I knew that FreeBSD-NN-RELEASE is not a bleeding edge.
This is exactly what I want - not a bleeding edge but OS with
it's binary packages infrastructure that can be used for
building something *on top* of it. This is BTW is what Stefan
from neighbor thread "recreate FreeBSD 12 ARM image"
is trying to achieve. Presence of not-working RELEASE images
confuse new people a lot and the reason why these images are not
working is the lack of new people...
I'm not sure what to do in this situation - leave as is,
do not generate RELEASE images (only STABLE etc.)
or state clearly in the wiki
(ideally in the bold red font :) that the RELEASE images may
not work at all, but just at least anyone who will read this -
>  because releases
> that actually work seem like an important thing for a tier-1 platform

yes, they are. And I guess one of conditions of how to
become a Tier 1 platform is to make RELEASE images working :)

Thanks for a lot of effort for making FreeBSD running on ARM!

Regards,
Denis