FreeBSD 11.3-RELEASE and 11.2-RELEASE images fail to boot on BeagleBone Black

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sun Jul 14 18:09:17 UTC 2019

On Sun, Jul 14, 2019 at 04:19:37AM -0400, Dennis Clarke wrote:
> I have the same issue with ppc64 and most certainly for RISC-V where
> we are really well and truely in outer darkness.

I don't understand.  Can you explain this to me more clearly?

fwiw, I have personally invested a lot of time in getting our powerpc64
documentation up to date on the wiki.  As well:

  blackbird1% uname -a
  FreeBSD blackbird1.lonesome.com 13.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT r349478 GENERIC  powerpc
  blackbird1% uptime
  5:25PM  up 12:52, 2 users, load averages: 0.01, 0.05, 0.0

(It would have been up longer but I moved it into my rack.)

What have I missed?

As for RISC-V, IIUC, support for the architecture is very much in an
alpha state.

mcl