recreate FreeBSD 12 ARM image

Robert Crowston crowston at protonmail.com
Sun Jul 14 18:09:14 UTC 2019

You don't say how you obtained your installation image in the first place. I have found the "crochet" tool is quite good. (https://github.com/freebsd/crochet)

It will cross-compile a kernel and userland for you from source, and then spit out a .img ready to dd onto an SD card. You can tweak the default kernel configuration ("GENERIC") to be better suited to your hardware platform.

There are hooks for you to install your own software onto the image as well.