how to get freebsd on a new board?

Paul Mather paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu
Wed Jul 10 14:03:08 UTC 2019

On Jul 10, 2019, at 1:27 AM, Antoni Sawicki <tenox7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> If there is full documentation then someone may eventually make FreeBSD run
>> on it.
>> Otherwise best would be to make some contract work with some developer.
>
> I would like for it to happen sooner than eventually. The reason is that
> HC2 https://www.hardkernel.com/shop/odroid-hc2-home-cloud-two/ would be a
> perfect NAS box if FreeBSD would run on it. There is nothing else like it
> and I really don't want to run Linux. HC2 is XU4 in a smaller form factor.

IMHO, I would want to run ZFS on a NAS box and so it would be "a perfect
NAS box" if it had more than 2 GB of RAM.  Also, IMHO, a perfect NAS box
would let me have more than one drive in the chassis, for some semblance of
redundancy.

It does look like a nice *portable* NAS box, though. :-)

Cheers,

Paul.