make buildworld error while compiling 12.0-releng for RPI2

Bernd Walter ticso at cicely7.cicely.de
Mon Jan 7 21:59:46 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jan 07, 2019 at 02:59:22PM +0100, Victor wrote:
> Thank you, Ralf.
> As a matter of fact I issued
>
> make buildword
>
> NOT
>
> make -j4 buildworld
>
> The compilation problem is still there.

Anyways - this is an out of memory problem.
dmesg will show you why the process was killed.
You have to add more swap space.
Unfortunately compilers get more and more CPU and memory hungry.
These days I use memory sticks capable of high random load as temporarys
swap space or NFS space - later mostly for obj and src, not as swap so much.
For me SanDisk Extreme Go 3.1 and Ultra USB 3.0 worked great.
That said, I havn't build FreeBSD12 on any ARM myself yet and this is
only a general experience.

--
B.Walter <bernd at bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de