ThunderX2 support in FreeBSD/arm64

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Wed Feb 6 22:35:56 UTC 2019

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 at 18:43, Jayachandran C. <jchandra at freebsd.org> wrote:

> I have not tried this configuration (rootfs over NFS) yet, will give
> it a try soon. Also please note that the default qlogic NIC on Sabre
> may not work with FreeBSD.

Indeed, that's something to investigate once I can get to a shell.

The replacement firmware seems to work fine except that the KVM is
inactive and I can't find a way to send F2 to enter setup over the
serial console.

> I had setup the FreeBSD partition on my system by creating a freebsd
> disk image in kvm/qemu and then copying the image to a partition -
> this works well.

I've tried this now - my kernel boots, but the system waits at
mountroot: waiting for device /dev/ufs/freebsd_root...