Regression testing buildworld on RPI3

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Fri Feb 1 22:24:13 UTC 2019

After much trial by error, it's looking as if -j4 buildworld runs
without error on r339376 and stops with signal 11 in cc somewhere
near or after r342204.

Can anybody suggest which individual revisions should be tested
to locate a point of failure? Buildworld on a Pi3 takes about
a day. Recovering from a failure, if it gets into userland, is
much slower. I gather the problem is not apparent during a cross-
compile on AMD64.

The plan for now is to update, compile the kernel toolchain and
a new kernel, then reboot and try to build world.  IIUC this will
exercise the new world without disturbing userland. Is this correct?
If there's a failure, I can reboot the old kernel, back down the
revision, and try again.

Thanks for reading, and any thoughts.

bob prohaska