raspberry pi 4

Robert Crowston crowston at protonmail.com
Sun Aug 11 00:43:40 UTC 2019

I can provide a small update: I have reached the login prompt and I'm now able to login to my raspberry pi 4 running FreeBSD 13.

root at rpi4:~ # uname -a
FreeBSD rpi4 13.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 13.0-CURRENT 8d7b2908262-c261866(rpi4-sdhci) GENERIC-RPI4  arm64

If there is interest, I will put together the patches I had to make. And by patches, I mean a series of ugly hacks.

However, since we have no drivers for PCI-E or ethernet, actually doing anything interesting on this device might be more difficult.

Robert Crowston.