Timeout poll on interrupt endpoint for RPI3 with keyboard and mouse

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Mon Oct 1 02:24:23 UTC 2018

On Mon, Oct 01, 2018 at 08:57:04AM +1000, Trevor Roydhouse wrote:

> You just need to change one character in the file
> .../sys/arm64/include/pte.h - change the 4 to an 8 in this existing line:
>
> #define        PMAP_MAPDEV_EARLY_SIZE  (L2_SIZE * 4)

Ok, that wasn't hard 8-)

The machine now boots with the monitor connected and continues to run
correctly when keyboard and mouse are plugged in.

With monitor, keyboard and mouse connected it still spits out a stream of
Timeout poll on interrupt endpoint
Timeout poll on interrupt endpoint
during the boot process. The spew seems continuous, but when I typed
boot
into the spew, it looks as if the kernel took over and the machine is
now multi-user.

Evidently it got stuck in loader, the boot command got it unstuck and
after that all is normal.

So, I guess the video issue was a distraction that's now fixed. The
problem with USB mouse and keyboard remain unresolved but nonfatal.

Thanks _very_ much for your help!

bob prohaska