GPT vs MBR for swap devices

bob prohaska fbsd at www.zefox.net
Fri Jun 15 16:41:51 UTC 2018

On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 09:57:17AM -0600, Warner Losh wrote:

> gstat -Bd -I 10 -f <regexp for your swap partition>  > gstat-swap-data.dat
>
> would be how I'd recommend collecting it. This file may get kinda big
> depending how long it takes to trigger the weird state. I'm hoping that if
> you put this on a known good device, we'll power through the issues. We
> might not get perfect correlation with this, but the data should show all
> kinds of crazy before the system drives off the cliff if I'm right, so we
> don't need perfect data.

Apologies,  we spoke of gstat earlier. I lost the distinction between
gstat and vmstat. In the case at hand the possible swap devices are

/dev/da0b (this is the one causing trouble)
/dev/mmcsd0s3b
/dev/mmcsd0s3d

what would the correct <regexp> look like?

Is there any indication why problems seen on the RPI3 do not seem
apparent on an RPI2? A 2 GB USB flash swap partition seems to work
successfully on the Pi2.

Thanks very much!

bob prohaska