De-orbit Allwinner A10/A20/A31 for 12.0
manu at bidouilliste.com
Tue Jun 12 20:33:01 UTC 2018
I don't like to send this email but ...
I want to remove A10/A20/A31 support for FreeBSD 12, here is the
reason why :
- I don't have time to maintain thoses SoC
- For A10/A20 we currently don't boot on it since it requires new
clocks binding (handled by aw_ccung) and I have no time to do the
- H3 (which is 32bits too) is way better in term of performance and
price, you can buy a "good" $10 board while getting an A20 will cost
you more for some reason.
- My A31 board (BananapiM1) just died today after a long time of being
my arm32 reference board.
- I don't want the code to stay like the old 32 bits rockchip or
amlogic code that can't even boot nowadays.
If someone want to step up and convert A10/A20 to ccung I'll be
glad to help/review but if no one step up it's unreasonable for me to
support those right now and I prefer to remove completely the support.
The plan is to remove support in one month (July 12th) if there is no
volunteer to update the current code.
Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> <manu at freebsd.org>
More information about the freebsd-arm