Dead Serial on Hummingboard?

Russell Haley russ.haley at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 18:25:39 UTC 2017

My son was playing on my computer yesterday and I found my
hummingboard on the floor this morning. It's not the first time it's
hit the ground so I figured it was fine (lights are still on!).

I've tried to use the serial connection but it doesn't seem to be
transmitting my keyboard input. I can see the kernel output all the
way to login but it doesn't respond. ssh to the board works fine
through Ethernet, and the ftdi cable works fine on my BBB. I've also
tried two different kernels (r324055M, r321601M).

There doesn't apear to be any physical damage (solder on the pins
looks okay) and I took the heatsink off and inspected the processor.
It boots fine after I re-assembled, still no serial input.

Any  ideas? RIP hummingboard serial?

Russ