CUBOX snapshots working?

Ian Lepore ian at freebsd.org
Tue Sep 26 18:22:07 UTC 2017

On Tue, 2017-09-26 at 20:04 +0200, Emmanuel Vadot wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 11:32:21 -0600
> Brett Glass <brett at lariat.net> wrote:
>

> > One would think that sauce for the goose would be sauce for the
> > gander. But is this particular Cubox now useless with FreeBSD?
> > And if so, why? It is not an unusual model. The Cubox does work
> > if I flash their "Ignition" startup software (which is used to
> > bootstrap by downloading various OS images) to the same
> > Micro SD card.
> >
> > --Brett Glass
>  The problem isn't FreeBSD related, it's U-Boot related.
>
>  You could test build mainline u-boot just to confirm that it isn't
> something due to our ports.

If we used to provide working cubox images and we don't anymore, it's
hard to call that anything but a freebsd problem.

You seem to be implying that this is another problem caused by
switching from vendor-specific to mainline uboot.  I'm not sure that's
the case here, but if it is, be clear:  It is purely a freebsd problem,
because it was purely our choice (not mine) to switch from something
that worked to something that doesn't.

-- Ian