pmap_fault: PT2MAP abort on rpi2 while building world

Svatopluk Kraus onwahe at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 10:46:34 UTC 2017

(1) Well, for beginning, you could add more info to panic message.
This pmap_fault() is in pmap-v6.c file. The line before that panic is
the following:

6371 CTR4(KTR_PMAP, "%s: pmap %#x PT2MAP %#x far %#x",
6372     __func__, pmap, PT2MAP, far);
6373 panic("%s: PT2MAP abort", __func__);

The easiest way is to add the same things like in CTR4.

(2) According to console dump, there is an exception from userland
which leads to second exception in pmap_fault(). It would be
interesting to know at what place it generates the second exception,
which IMO should never happen in pmap_fault().

Svata