Part of why Pine64+ 2GB gets "uhub_attach: getting USB 2.0 HUB descriptor failed,error=USB_ERR_SHORT_XFER" (and so USB fails)

Mark Millard markmi at dsl-only.net
Mon Sep 18 03:29:30 UTC 2017

On 2017-Sep-17, at 5:30 AM, Emmanuel Vadot <manu at bidouilliste.com> wrote:

> On 2017-09-17 10:09, Mark Millard wrote:
>> For booting a Pine64+ 2GB it reports:
>> usbus0: 12Mbps Full Speed USB v1.0
>> ugen0.1: <Generic OHCI root HUB> at usbus0
>> uhub0: <Generic OHCI root HUB, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usbus0
>> uhub_attach: getting USB 2.0 HUB descriptor failed,error=USB_ERR_SHORT_XFER
>> device_attach: uhub0 attach returned 6
>> usbus0: Root HUB problem, error=USB_ERR_NO_ROOT_HUB
>
> Did you test latest head ? I've fixed OHCI, see commit messages for more information.

Thanks. I had synchronized before your checkins.

I've resynchronized and USB 1.1 speed based
behavior (ohci behavior) seems to be working
fine.

(But it has been a long time since I've dealt
with "disk" I/O that was this time consuming.
I'll probably revert back to avoiding USB
until echi is available.)

So far my use of "dsb ish" just before the 2
"sev" instructions seem to be working fine
(including the one before the release_aps
"sev"). The non-debug kernel builds seem to
work fine once those are added.

===
Mark Millard
markmi at dsl-only.net