Beaglebone Black + FreeBSD + USB WiFi = WAP?

Chris Gordon freebsd at theory14.net
Wed Sep 13 10:52:12 UTC 2017

Poor performance was still present this morning, but as soon as I restarted the network interfaces, everything returned to “full speed”.  This seems to confirm the idea of something happening over time in the kernel as opposed to some congestion or other environmental factor.  This evening, I’ll look at either updating your bug report or opening a new one.

> On Sep 13, 2017, at 3:08 AM, Russell Haley <russ.haley at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Need some sort of script to monitor performance of various things.
> Netstat
> Load average
>
> Dtrace would be good for looking into locks,mem consumption at specific calls. Start looking at how long each syscall is taking?

Agree.  At least in my case, it’s something that isn’t a problem initially and then builds up/falls over and becomes a problem.

> Have you compared against a linux image on the same unit?

I started to setup the full access point config with Linux for testing, but just didn’t have the patience to deal with it.  I’m not sure that will reveal much given what I’ve found so far.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Chris