Strato Server PI FreeBSD 11.1 Release serial port comunication

Stefan Parvu sparvu at kronometrix.org
Mon Sep 4 14:16:42 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

I have installed FreeBSD 11.1 [1] under Strato Server PI [2], a Raspberry PI2 board plus
goodies. FreeBSD 11.1 STABLE is booting fine. Now my problem is to connect to an
indoor air quality sensor, plugged in to a RS485 connector and Im stuck in discovering whats
the correct serial port for that. I have tried /dev/cuau0 but with no success.

root at k50dev:~ # ls -lrt /dev/cuau0*
crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer  0x2d Sep  4 12:22 /dev/cuau0.lock
crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer  0x2c Sep  4 12:22 /dev/cuau0.init
crw-rw----  1 uucp  dialer  0x2b Sep  4 12:22 /dev/cuau0

I know all parameters set on the device level, baudrate, stopbits, parity since I have tried it under
Raspbian and it is working fine there. Im basically using Kronometrix data recording rs485rec [3]
fo that.

Any ideas how can I discover the port, and debug it somehow ?

thanks,
Stefan

[1] http://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/ISO-IMAGES/11.1/FreeBSD-11.1-STABLE-arm-armv6-RPI2-20170822-r322788.img.xz
[2] https://www.sferalabs.cc/strato-pi/